Police officers

You could be entitled to a tax refund

As a police officer, it is likely that your employer has already claimed your FRE allowance for the washing of your uniform. However, if you are a member of a union like Unison, then you are entitled to claim the tax relief on the amount that this is costing you.

Complete the ‘Estimate my refund’ form below and enter your details to see how much your potential claim could be. Once we have your information one of our Refund Managers will be in touch to discuss your claim and will work with you to ensure that you are claiming everything that you are entitled to.

police in street

How does it work?

4 simple steps to your refund, we take care of the hard work


Use the calculator

Use the 'Estimate my refund' calculator to see if you are eligible to make a claim. If you are complete the form and we will be in touch.


Discuss your claim

One of our expert refund managers will give you a call to discuss your claim to ensure that you are claiming everything that you are entitled to.


Sign the form

We will send you out a pre-populated claim form, all you need to do is sign this and send back to us in the stamped address envelope provided.


Receive your money

We then review your claim and send any relevant information to HMRC for them to process your tax refund. Once received, we then send you a nice cheque.

How much could my tax relief be?

Fill out the form below to find out

What is your industry?

What is your occupation?

Do you wear a uniform, pay union fees, or travel for work?

Did you know that you are entitled to claim back for the past 4 years?

Or select individual years where you were employed