Uniform Tax Refunds

Did you know that if you are employed and wear a uniform for work then you could be entitled to a tax refund? It is estimated that 1 in 3 taxpayers are paying too much in tax and we specialise in claiming this tax back for you.

How much could my tax relief be?

Fill out the form below to find out

What is your industry?

What is your occupation?

Do you wear a uniform, pay union fees, or travel for work?

Did you know that you are entitled to claim back for the past 4 years?

Or select individual years where you were employed

What is a uniform tax refund?

washing machine

What is a uniform tax refund?

If you wear a uniform or branded workwear for work and wash this at home yourself then you are able to claim back tax to cover the costs you incur. This is claimable because of something known as a 'Flat Rate Expense Allowance' which is an amount of money set aside by HMRC to help out with the household bills. What is more, if you have never made a claim for this, we can actually backdate your claim for 4 years so you could be owed £1000's in overpaid tax.



How do I make a claim?

Making a claim is really simple. All you need to do is fill in your details on the refund estimate calculator at the bottom of the page and we will send you your claim forms. Once your claim forms arrive all we need you to do is tell us a little bit about your employment, sign the forms, and then send them back to us in the stamped addressed envelope provided. Once we receive your signed form your specialist refund manager will review your forms and once they are happy will process these with HMRC on your behalf.

How do I make a claim?

tex rebate pad

Example Case Study

Does this sound like you...

Scott is a joiner and was unaware that he could claim back tax for washing his uniform

After filling in his details on the 'Estimate my refund' calculator, Scott realised that he was able to claim tax relief for the last four years for washing his own uniform. After the consultation with his Refund Manager, he realised that he was also able to claim for his union fees and for tax relief on some small tools that he needed for work.

Scott's Refund Manager completed all of the required paperwork and sent this off to HMRC, requesting that they also reconcile his tax account to make sure that he had paid the correct amount of tax. After only a few weeks Scott received a cheque in the post for £480.88 and HMRC amended his tax code so he paid less tax going forward.


Latest News

Useful tax information, Claim Back Tax operations and more...

empty motorway

Will a Drop in Company Car Mileage Increase Amount of EV Cars?

Surprise, surprise. Another day, another potential effect of the Coronavirus pandemic. Except this could be for the better, especially for the environment. The way we work changed completely on the..

Read Article
mileage gauge

Do You Make These Common Mistakes When Recoding Your Mileage?

When it comes to expenses, travel can be a somewhat tricky area, but it’s also one that affects a lot of employees and the self-employed. Mileage claims for driving are..

Read Article
married couple hands

What Will a Post 2020 Wedding Look Like for Those Wanting to Get Married?

Earlier this month we discussed the additional hardships couple were facing from cancelling or postponing their wedding. Following on from this, we thought we’d examine what it may look like..

Read Article